Monday, October 26, 2009
In August 2009 Noriko Sakai was arrested for being in possession of a small amount of stimulant drugs
On Monday this week Noriko Sakai pleaded guilty to drug use and prosecutors sought a prison sentence in a trial that has caused a media frenzy.
• Sakai was arrested in August for drug possession after her husband, Yuichi Takaso, was caught with stimulants a week earlier
• When Takaso was arrested, Sakai disappeared for a week with her 10- year-old son, before eventually turning herself in at a Tokyo police station on August 7
• She is charged with drug use in violation of an anti-stimulant law. The violation carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison, though most first violations bring suspended sentences
• Prosecutors yesterday demanded 1-1/2 years in prison for Sakai at Tokyo District Court, where more than 6,600 people lined up in the rain for 20 seats to watch, a court official said on condition of anonymity, citing department rules
• After 41 days in custody, Sakai was released last month on $55,000 bail
• A ruling is expected on November 9, court officials said.
• Born Fukuoka February 14th 1971
• J-Pop Singer
• Film Actress
• One of the most significant successes she had in recent years must have been the Japanese drama serial, in which she acted as Aya Kuramoto [ ] in " ", or "Heaven's Coins" in 1995
Address and Contact Data
Sun Music removed Sakai's official web site from its web server